Actions and Detail Panel
Future Skills Workshop: Professional & Financial Services
Wed 26 April 2017, 16:00 – 19:30 BST
Bringing professional & financial services & training providers together to help build a stronger workforce in the West of England.
Join us within this exquisite former banking hall to discuss the skills challenges that face today's professional and financial services sector and more importantly, be part of developing the solution. Together, businesses in the sector and the regions leading training providers will develop actions to address these sector challenges before the event draws to a close with the opportunity to network with like minded businesses.
During the event we will hear from keynote speakers and explore solutions to three key issues:
- Unlocking the workforce - How can we create opportunities that match the region's workforce and the requirements of the sector? How can employers open up pathways for returners and career changes?
- Work Readiness – How can we ensure consistent opportunities are provided to help prepare young people for work?
- Inclusivity – How do we strive to make the sector attractive and accessible to hard to reach groups? Are we, as a sector, unconsciously creating barriers?
This is your opportunity to:
- feed into the West of England Professional & Financial Services future skills plan.
- learn from the experiences of leading sector employers.
- voice your opinion.
- influence and shape training.
- improve recruitment from education.
- find out what support is available from education.
- meet skills providers/businesses in the West of England.
- network with other businesses within the sector.
This workshop and networking event will build upon the previous work at the West of England Local Enterprise Partnership and will support a collaborative approach to the skills needs of the professional services industry. It will be followed up with an action plan and a future Skills West Day in July.
The long term aim is to ensure high quality, relevant and cost effective skills provision that meets the needs of employers.
The Professional and Financial Services sector is a changing industry becoming increasingly global, competitive and technology fuelled. As a sector that trades in knowledge and skills, we must work together to ensure that we have access to a skilled workforce in order to remain agile in an increasingly competitive and uncertain environment. Due to the impact of automation and technology on employment levels the sector must continue to create new opportunities in order to remain dynamic in the global market.
Please note: Places are limited. We may only be able to offer one place per organisation/training provider.
#skillswest #wegrowthhub #developingpeople