Actions and Detail Panel
#FuturesUp: Inspiration, Motivation & Networking for Young People
Thu 20 April 2017, 16:00 – 20:00 BST
Uptree presents... #FuturesUp an evening of inspiration and networking for young people aged 16-19 in central London. We've got lots of companies attending and it's great way to find out about possible pathways after education and enables you to connect with a range of different professionals and other young people; start building a network!
- Inform and inspire YOU about amazing careers available in different industries that you may have never heard of!
- Meet 10-15 professionals and ask them advice about their career journeys!
- Connect directly with employers for work experience AND future jobs!
- 4:00pm – Doors open
- 4:10pm – Welcome and introduction
- 4:20pm – Inspirational speakers
- 5:10pm – Food & informal networking / employer stalls
- 5:40pm – Creative & entrepreneurs panel
- 6:20pm – Speed mentoring
- 7:00pm – Close & networking
- 7:30pm – End of Event
SPEAKERS AND SESSIONS
The 20th April afternoon will include inspirational speakers such as Jermain Jackman, winner of The Voice in 2014, Mabinty Taylor-Kamara, a spoken word poet from South London and Nafisa Bakkar, Founder of Amaliah, she's a Forbes 30 Under 30: one to watch in 2017. We'll also have lots of employers attending from companies such as Arcadia Group, Dentons and many more.
It's going to be interactive where you will have the opportunity to ask lots of questions and find out about work experience and school leaver opportunities. At the end of the event, we hope that you will walk away with positivity and confidence about what opportunities are available and have the network to understand next steps.
Estella from Sacred Heart School said this about our last one:
"The Uptree FuturesUp event was amazing, inspirational and useful and I hope that Uptree continue to organise events like this. That's a big thank you from myself and other Sacred Heart pupils."
Interested in this event and others like it? Sign-up to Uptree's professional network for young people here.
Hope to see you all there!