Actions and Detail Panel
Gardening Basics - Beginners' Guide
Thu, 29 Sep 2016, 18:30 – Thu, 20 Oct 2016, 20:30 BST
For those new to gardening or anyone who would like to learn how to go about basic seasonal gardening tasks to ensure your garden looks good all year. This evening course running over four weeks will help you learn how to take charge of your garden, whatever its size, and start to develop your gardening knowledge and skills. During the weekly classes you will be given practical advice on basic gardening maintenance including
● Weeding, pests and diseases; identification of common garden problems and how to manage them
● Watering and fertilizing plants, containers and lawns
● Pruning techniques for shrubs and small trees
● Plants for difficult places (shady, waterlogged, dry etc.)
● Creating an annual maintenance schedule for your own garden
You can bring along photos or samples of any specific problems in your garden.
Starting on 29 September and running to 20 October with weekly sessions 6.30 - 8.30pm.