San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Teaming fine musicianship with concern and action for social justice, musically independent on his own record label for a decade, we're wondering why we haven't booked Gareth to play at All Hallows before now.
He comes highly recommended by Bob Harris (Radio 2), Rock 'n' Reel Magazine and many others. He'll be bringing us songs from his fourth solo album "Now But Not Yet" (released 14th October 2013) as well as older compositions.
“Hailing from Bangor in Northern Ireland, Davies-Jones borrows just enough from the folk traditions to imbue the album with a deliciously inviting, roots-infused sound that avoids any folk clichés and maintains a breezy pop hue that is sure to appeal far beyond any genre boundaries.” Folking.com
“Gareth Davies-Jones is one of the UK’s best-kept musical secrets…powerful songs and affecting performances” Properganda
“Some artists often sing in the name of one cause or another without conviction, but that is not the case here. The legacy of well-written, descriptive music laid down by Woody Guthrie, still lives on here in the UK” Maverick Magazine
Support from Sim Walker of Leeds based bands Cottonwolf and Hunting Bears. Sim took part in 2013's Love Music Leeds project, recording a beautiful duet with Becky Holt. He's been writing and recording his own music and we're excited he's coming to share it with us.
Tickets £5 advance, £6 on the door. Available on eventbrite, plus will be available at Jumbo Records, Leeds in due course
When & Where
LIVE AT ALL HALLOWS
We are a bunch of friends who run gigs together in a friendly, acoustically wonderful open & diverse church in Hyde Park Leeds. We like music and musicians and wanted to hear even more live. Come and join us?
We tweet at @liveatallhallow
Facebook page www.facebook.com/allhallows.gigs
Spotify playlist at http://open.spotify.com/user/stevethack/playlist/78jsQHUrIS8Cf2IrVyd2ON
Email us at: liveatallhallows (at) gmail (dot) com
Note that eventbrite is an electronic ticketing service: you WILL NOT BE SENT A PAPER TICKET in the post. You will receive an email with a pdf ticket attached; in order to reduce paper waste we'd encourage you to use the eventbrite app or bring the confirmation email on a smart phone, or alternatively bring your order number and the name in which the tickets were purchased. Thanks..
Ticket Terms and Conditions for Live At All Hallows:
- Right of admission reserved.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, or eject from the venue, any person who disrupts the event in any way.
- No alcoholic drinks may be brought into the venue.
- No illegal substances may be brought into the venue. Anyone caught in possession of these substances will be ejected and the police will be called.
- In the event of cancellation, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded or returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details of the event are significantly changed after a ticket is purchased (significant changes being a change of headline act or venue).
- Tickets may be transferred to another name with the agreement of the promoter. Contact us via Eventbrite.
- No professional type audio-visual recording equipment maybe brought into the venue without authorisation.
- Ticket holders agree to appear for no fee in any filming or recording of the event attended.
- The venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings.
- No electronic cigarettes or similar allowed in the venue.