Actions and Detail Panel
GB Ocean Ski 2017 - The Icon Classic
Sat 20 May 2017, 08:30 – 18:00 BST
- Registration: 08:30, Woolacombe Village Hall, EX34 7BT
- Briefing: 10:30
- Race Start: 12:15
- Entry Deadline:
- Midnight Friday 19th May
- Early Entry Discount Ends 12th May - after this date all entries are +20%
- Better start position the earlier the entry
- Post-race meal at The Tides Inn Pub, Woolacombe. 18:00hrs
- Handheld orange smoke flare, buoyancy aids & whistles compulsory
- Leash may be compulsory on the day – don’t forget!
- Mobile phone / EPIRB recommended.
- There will be two starts approx. 10 mins apart. Please tick box if you would like to start in the slower, earlier group. SUPs will leave Lee Bay at same time as the 2nd ski group.
- Open Men
- Open Ladies
- Masters Men (40+)
- Open Double
- Open ILS Spec Ski
- SUP (restricted entry through qualification – please contact Dave Tidball)
- Alternative Race Course: Combe Martin circuit or Combe Martin to Lynmouth depending on conditions.
- All day parking available at registration venue.
- Insurance – All competitors must be insured through SLSGB. This can be with a £5 day ticket (please see the link at the bottom of the entry registration page to buy this with your entry) or with annual SLSGB membership.
- Please allow plenty of time to leave cars / trailers at Combe Martin. Woolacombe to Combe Martin and back is approx a 90 minute journey.
- The Race distance and winning time for skis is approx. 17km and 80mins respectively. Race distance for SUPs is approx. 11km. Medal ceremony will be on the beach approximately one hour after the last competitor finishes.
- Accommodation – there are plenty of options: Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks, Woolacombe Sands Holiday Park, North Morte Caravan & Camping Park, Eddy’s Surf Lodge - Woolacombe or Woolacombe Tourist Information Centre.
- Evening Meal – The post-race meal is also a great part of the Icon Classic event that normally attracts about 100 people. The Tides Inn Pub offers a great view across Woolacombe Bay and its amazing sunsets. There’s nothing like sharing post-race banter over a pint with fellow competitors and other halves.
Thank you for your entry. When taking part in this event you agree to abide by the GB Ocean Ski rules.