This training event provides practice educator training both for AHPs who have never supervised a student and experienced staff who feel they need update training. The afternoon session can also be attended by practice educators who are new to taking students from either Glasgow Caledonian University or the University of Strathclyde.
At the end of this training event you will be able to:
- Appraise the role and attributes of the practice educator and student, within a multidisciplinary environment;
- Evaluate theories, appropriate to adult and professional learners;
- Plan, implement and facilitate learning within the practice setting;
- Apply sound principles and judgment in the assessment of student performance;
- Evaluate and reflect upon the learning experience.
What session should I book for?
All Day - Suitable for new practice educators or educators who have not had students for some time and would like a refresher on all aspects of practice education. Morning session covering aspects of student PE relationship, assessment and feedback, teaching & learning theory. This session is multi-professional and aims to cover the generic aspects to pratice education and taking students. Afternoon session will be profession specific.
Profession Specific Session- Afternoon session for educators who would like an update on profession specific grading of students, assessment/reports and programme information. This session is also suitable for educators who are experienced educators but have previously not taken GCU or Strathclyde students.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?