Actions and Detail Panel
GDPR & What it means for marketing your business
Wed 22 March 2017, 09:30 – 16:00 GMT
Privacy Legislation affects all forms of one to one marketing and the General Data Protection Regulation gives marketers and business owners new rules for processing personal data, profiling and gaining consent. This one day workshop will outline the changes and how to stay within the law.
You will learn:
- How to process personal data lawfully for marketing purposes
- What information must be given to individuals when processing their data and the records you need to keep
- How to obtain consent and if you can rely on another lawfulness of processing in the absence of consent
- What contracts need to be in place with data processors
- The new "right to be forgotten"
This is an intensive workshop which will cover:
- The transition from old to new (DPA to GDPR)
- When GDPR becomes enforcable by law
- Key definitions and scope of GDPR
- Powers and fines the Regulator can impose for non-compliance with GDPR
How GDPR affects marketing
- Lawfulness of processing, is consent the only option?
- Opt in -v- Opt out
- What individuals must be told when you collect and use their personal data
- What records of processing you must keep
- What profiling covers
- When you need to undertake a Data Protection Impact Assessment
Data Processors (and Controllers)
- What needs to be included in contracts between data controller and data processor
- Requirement to comply with security of processing
- Dealing with a personal data breach
- How to deal with the new “right to be forgotten”
- Review of the other “rights” and how they may affect you
- How to use your data to best effect
- Segmentation for successful marketing
Samantha Dunwell of Dunwell Data Protection and Deborah Goodall from Aer8 Marketing have come together to present this workshop.
Samantha has a long history of working in Information Management and is a fully-qualified Data Protection Practitioner. She has worked with the Government on data protection compliance and also supports a number of businesses and charities in the area with data protection advice.
Deborah Goodall is a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and has over 20 years experience in marketing and has a passion for direct marketing. Hear her suggestions on how to use data in marketing under the new regime.
Cancellation more than 4 weeks prior are eligible for 100% refund. If you cancel more than 2 weeks in advance of the event then you will receive a 50% refund. After this time there are no refunds available though we welcome subsitutes to the event.