Actions and Detail Panel
General Assembly Hiring Event: Data Science Graduates
Tue 20 June 2017, 16:30 – 19:30 BST
LOOKING FOR DATA SCIENTISTS, DATA ANALYSTS, DATA ENGINEERS OR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYSTS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM?
General Assembly welcomes companies and hiring managers to meet graduates of our Data Science Immersive Programme. During this end of course show, our graduates will be on-hand to showcase their projects and portfolios and ready to talk to you about opportunities within your team. As a reminder, GA can help you find new talent at no cost to you.
During the event, our latest Data Scientists will have portfolios out ready to showcase their projects that they have developed on the course.
MEET GRADUATES WHO CAN:
‣ Collect, extract, query, clean, and aggregate data for analysis using SQL and Unix commands, python (pandas). Data cleaning/data munging.
‣ Perform Exploratory data analysis using Python stack including but not limited to Pandas, SciPy, Sklearn and Ipython (Jupyter) and doing feature extraction and selection.
‣ Build, implement, and evaluate data science problems using appropriate machine learning models for regression and classification, such as, Linear Models; SVMs, Decision Trees, Ensemble models (Random Forest, Bagging, Boosting), KNN. Also demonstrating knowledge of Clustering (K-means and Hierarchical clustering), NLP and Time series analysis.
‣ Use appropriate data visualisation tools such as matplotlib, seaborn and Tableau. Using iPython notebook
‣ Identify and solve big data problems using Hadoop/MapReduce, Apache Spark, and the AWS stack (EC2 and S3).
General Assembly graduates have gone on to successful careers at companies like AKQA, BBC, Microsoft, American Express, Red Badger, DK, Radio Times, Mammal, Nice & Serious, Locatable, Friday, Spindrift, Borrow My Doggy, Lloyds Banking Group, Big Fish and hopefully yours.
Please note this event is for our General Assembly immersive students and not an open fair.
Questions? Contact, Lauren Thomas, Partnerships Lead - LT@GA.CO