Presented by author of 'The Gentle Parenting Book', Sarah Ockwell-Smith, this 3 hour workshop will cover:
* What gentle parenting is. How and why it is different from other parenting styles.
* What science tells us about the benefits of gentle parenting.
* How to apply the principles, from the start or after a change in parenting styles.
* What gentle discipline looks like - and why gentle parenting is not permissive parenting.
* How to control your own emotions, especially anger, and manage trigger points.
* How the brain develops at each age, including age appropriate behaviour and expectations.
* How to communicate with children for the best response.
* How to cope with violence, whining, 'sassy' behaviour and refusal to do things.
* How to know if gentle parenting is working, and what to do if you feel it isn't.
This workshop focusses on parenting children from birth through to age seven.
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions for specific situations.
The workshop is suitable for parents and professionals alike.
* All tickets are non-refundable, however they can be re-sold or passed on to friends or family.
* The 'family ticket' option is provided for two parents, from the same family, attending together. Only 10 family tickets are available for each workshop, so early booking is suggested.
* Babes in arms are admitted FOC. This workshop is not appropriate for older babies and toddlers.