Actions and Detail Panel
Get a Robot for your school
Fri 24 March 2017, 09:45 – 15:15 GMT
A robot head that students can program. They can name it and bring it to life. It can ask questions and move using 7 servo motors.Students can learn programming and computational thinking using the 'Scratch like' drag and drop language.
1. Receive your robot to take away after the day (worth £179) Ohbot website
2. Unpack it and learn about how easy it is to set up and operate
3. Do some programming so that the robot moves based on your commands
4. Learn about the sensors and getting the robot to speak
5. Have lunch with one of the designers of Ohbot
6. Receive your curriculum guide to integrate Ohbot in the Computing Curriculum
7. Learn more about sequencies, loops, and broadcasting messages
You will be able challenge children to turn Ohbot into a story teller, a street performance poet, teacher, actor or helper. Children will be introduced to key programming concepts including sequences, repetition, selection and variables through applying them to make Ohbot work.
This is tailored to address the demands of the Computer science elements within the new curriculum for Computing.
Course tutors: Dan Warner (Ohbot) Richard Smith (AmazingICT) Duncan Maidens (CAS and BCU)