This course will help you to devise and plan better training sessions and develop your facilitation skills to get the most out of student/client centred group work.
By the end of the course you should be comfortable in applying what you have learnt to any group work setting.
This course is for anyone who runs group work sessions.
You will learn how to adapt your training to suit individual learning styles and learn techniques and tools to make your sessions interactive, fun and effective.
This course is designed to help you to:
• Understand and appreciate the benefits of student/client centred learning and the role of the facilitator in group work sessions.
• Understand how to plan effective group work sessions, including writing aims and objectives, which encourage participation and discussion amongst students.
• Create and exchange ideas for group work exercises.
• Develop the ability to assess students' understanding of the session to ensure that learning has taken place.
• Practice what you have learned, and your own ideas, in a safe environment!
This course is fully interactive, and you will have the opportunity to discuss issues and questions and practice your group work and facilitation skills.
- Improve your group work facilitation skills
- Link current and relevant theory to practice
- Share best practice with other facilitators
- Develop knowledge of group work activities that you can use in your sessions.
- Training provided by experts from the field