Actions and Detail Panel
Get Into the Rail Supply Chain
Thu 16 March 2017, 09:30 – 14:30 GMT
“Get into the Rail Supply Chain”– a one-day Rail Diversification Event staged by the Rail Alliance and hosted by AJT Engineering of Aberdeen
If you want to learn about business opportunities in the Rail Sector … this event is for you!
In partnership with Scottish Enterprise and the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service, the Rail Alliance will be staging a series of Rail Diversification events in Scotland through the year with the first such event being held on 16 March 2017 at the Aberdeen Altens Hotel. This event is being sponsored by AJT Engineering of Aberdeen who will be offering factory tours during the afternoon of the event. AJT Engineering has a worldwide reputation for excellence with additional divisions in East Kilbride and Port Glasgow and is part of the international Camellia Group plc.
We are delighted to announce that we have speakers from Abellio Group (the train owning group that operates the ScotRail franchise as well as other franchises in the UK and abroad), Network Rail’s Scottish Route and the first ever Atkins Chair of High Speed Engineering in the UK based at Heriot Watt University. Additionally, we are delighted that Scottish Enterprise and Scottish MAS will be presenting on the day describing the suite of activity that can support companies in the rail sector. Finally, we await confirmation from some Tier 1 clients in the Rail Supply Chain as well as representation from the Rail Supply Group.
Attendance is free of charge – all companies in the region are welcome to attend; however, applications from companies in either theOil & Gas or Nuclear sectors will have priority.
Book your place by clicking on the Eventbrite link below or by visiting the Rail Alliance’s website:
Although potentially subject to change, the day’s programme comprises:
- 0930 Registration and refreshments
- 1000 Welcome from the Rail Alliance – outline agenda for the day and health and safety announcements
- 1005 Welcome from AJT Engineering – overview of AJT Engineering and its capability
- 1030 Professor Peter Woodward (Atkins Chair, Heriot Watt University) – High Speed Rail – a £trillion Global Industry
- 1100 Show, Tell and Ask – an opportunity to find out who is in the room
- 1130 Refreshments & Networking
- 1150 Jonathon Pugh, Head of Strategy and Planning Scotland, Network Rail – challenges and opportunities associated with Scotland’s rail infrastructure
- 1215 Jack Goodall, Procurement Manager, Abellio Group – challenges and opportunities associated with operating the Scot Rail franchise … covering station refurbishment and maintenance of rolling stock
- 1240 Scottish Enterprise & Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service – business support
- 1305 Shane Duffy, Head of Supplier Management and Business Development, Porterbrook Leasing - Challenges and opportunities in the burgeoning rail vehicle refurbishment market
- 1330 Robert Hopkin, Executive Director, Rail Alliance - International Rail Sector Hight Value Opportunities
- 1340 AJT Engineering – factory tour briefing
- 1350 Buffet served + Networking + Factory Tour (minibus shuttles will be organised from the hotel)
- 1430 Close