Actions and Detail Panel
Get on Board Workshop for Women
Tue 28 March 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop yourself and your career? Wanting your voice to be heard whilst making a real difference? Keen to expand your network, build your experience and develop your skills? Then a position on the Board of a public body could be just what you are looking for.
Public bodies are involved in a huge range of activities, from specialised areas such as crofting or legal aid to education, sports, tourism, health and social care. In Scotland, regulated public bodies are responsible for spending over £13.5 billion of public money each year. Boards are most effective when made up of people from different backgrounds with different skillsets. It’s therefore critical that our public bodies reflect the whole of our society. To achieve this, they need to get applications from a broader range of people with new ideas and perspectives.
In this in depth one day workshop you will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the public sector board “landscape” in Scotland
- Find out how to go about sourcing vacancies
- Learn about the recruitment, selection and assessment processes
- Hear directly from another woman who’s been there, done that and currently holds a board position
- Learn what factors you need to take into account: how to do your due diligence
- Leave with ideas of places to get ongoing information and support