Actions and Detail Panel
‘Get Stuck In’ Developing Collagraphs with Viscosity Printing
Sat, 7 Oct 2017, 10:00 – Sun, 8 Oct 2017, 17:00 BST
Tutor: Laney Birkhead
Date: Saturday & Sunday 7th & 8th October
Price: £95 + booking fee includes materials and a delicious homemade lunch!
Suitable for adult improvers.
Develop your printmaking skills with this more advanced workshop.
Create tactile collagraph plates, and print them using a range of different ways to produce a variety of monoprints.
Viscosity printing is a multi-colour printmaking technique that incorporates principles of relief printing and intaglio printing on a single plate.
You will produce a collection of textured prints from your plates in a variety of colour ranges.
Please bring the following to your print workshop:
- Old shirt/apron and indoor shoes suitable to print in therefore not slippers, sandals or open toed shoes
- Small box of favourite basic drawing materials e.g. pen, pencil, rubber, scissors etc
- Small sketchbook / notebook in which to make notes and observations
- Minimum of 6 images (sketches / photos) you wish to work from. These can be your own primary images or secondary research images, as you are coming to do an intaglio course try to choose images with lots of texture and contrast in rather than just line
- A small bag of flat found textures – e.g. papers, pressed leaves and petals feathers, fabrics embossed card etc,
- A camera with which to record your creative journey (optional)
- A3 folder or wallet to take your prints home in.