GET UP, START UP! #2
Sunday, March 24, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Simple really: Come with an idea; leave with up to £10,000 to make a reality of it.
Following the massive demand for GET UP, START UP! #1 we've challenged ourselves to create another 100 businesses - all in one day!
In this unique day-long business event, attendees will receive:
1. Free business plan guidance: Participate in a workshop led by Deloitte, one of the leading professional services firms in the UK with significant expertise in business strategy. This workshop will see you turn your business idea into a business plan
2. Funding: Apply for up to £10,000 in Government startup loan funding* and a personal business mentor; find out on the day whether your application has been successful
3. Network: Meet young entrepreneurs and build your skills,,knoweldge and contacts network. Meet our Keynote Speaker, Julian Hall, successful entrepreneur and marketing expert.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
To be eligible to attend, you need to:
- Have a business idea that you want to turn into a business
- Have not had your business idea up and running for longer than a year
- Be aged 18-30 years old
- Be living in England
- Be seeking up to £10,000 of funding for your business idea
Google Campus, a unique co-working space in the heart of East London's Tech City.
GREAT, HOW MUCH IS IT?
The best bit is that the whole day is FREE. This is made possible by the kind generosity of the event sponsors, Google and Deloitte.
However, due to the nature of this event, demand is high and places are limited – you are strongly encouraged to apply early to avoid disappointment.
*The Government’s startup loans initiative is a £110 million government-backed scheme, led by Prime Minister David Cameron and chaired by former Dragon’s Den investor and serial entrepreneur, James Caan.
The Government's terms on the loan are a fixed interest rate of 6%, repayable over 5 years. Please call our free Startup Loans Hotline if you have any questions on 0800 731 1511 (Mon - Fri, 9am to 5pm) or email email@example.com.
When & Where
Brightside is a charity providing the young people that need it most with knowledge, support and connections so that they can make confident and informed decisions that enable them to fulfil their potential.