GET UP, START UP!
Thursday, May 16, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (BST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Brightside Start-Up Loans is calling all young entrepreneurs to Get Up, Start Up!
Come with a business idea; leave with up to £9,500 to make it a reality.
Whether you're just about to begin your business plan, are working on getting it into shape, or need help with the finishing touches, Get Up, Start Up! can offer you:
- Business plan guidance: Turn your business idea into a solid plan during a 1:1 workshop with one of our business experts, who will provide personalised advice and feedback on what you need to do for the best chance of qualifying for a start-up loan.
- Inspiration: A talk from serial entrepreneur John Berry, who established multimillion pound multinational businesses The Complete Medical Group and Informed Direct, and is also founder and chairman of mentoring charity Brightside.
- Funding: Apply for up to £9,500 in Government startup loan funding* and a personal business mentor; find out on the day whether your application has been successful
- Networking: Meet other young entrepreneurs and build your skills,knowledge and contacts network.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
To be eligible to attend, you need to:
- Be aged 18-30 years old
- Be living in England
- Be seeking up to £9,500 of funding for a new business, or one that has been running for less than a year
Deloitte, Hill House, 1 New Little Street, EC4A 3TR, London
GREAT, HOW MUCH IS IT?
The best bit is that the whole event is FREE, thanks to the generosity of the event sponsors Deloitte.
However, due to the nature of this event, demand is high and places are limited – you are strongly encouraged to apply early to avoid disappointment.
*The Government’s startup loans initiative is a £110 million government-backed scheme, led by Prime Minister David Cameron and chaired by former Dragon’s Den investor and serial entrepreneur, James Caan. National mentoring charity Brightside is a delivery partner for the scheme.
The Government's terms on the loan are a fixed interest rate of 6%, repayable over 5 years. Please call our free Startup Loans Hotline if you have any questions on 0800 731 1511 (Mon - Fri, 9am to 5pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Brightside is a charity providing the young people that need it most with knowledge, support and connections so that they can make confident and informed decisions that enable them to fulfil their potential.