Actions and Detail Panel
Get your business in the press - PR workshop
Fri 28 April 2017, 10:00 – 16:00 BST
We are thrilled to be running this PR workshop for you with Jessica Huie MBE. Getting your business in the press can be a game changer, but it can be difficult to know where to start.
Figuring out how to make your business newsworthy can be a real challenge. What is newsworthy anyway? How do you make your story enticing? What is your hook? Why would a journalist care? Who do you approach? PR can feel like a minefield if you are not familiar with the ins and outs of the industry.
But don't worry! Help is at hand. This workshop is a hands on practical workshop that will help you to figure it all out.
What you'll learn
In the morning you will discover:
- Why PR is critical to your business successWhich elements of your business or brand will be most appealing to journalists
- What your personal business/brand hook is
- How to implement newsworthy partnerships or create events which will get the media writing about you
- How to create a PR campaign which will create visibility for your business/brand on and offline
- How to use media coverage to increase sales
- How to pitch to journalists
- How to maximise your media coverage
In the afternoon you will discover:
- How to combine reactive and pro-active PR
- The value of ‘PR-able’ partnerships
- How to create content which enhances your online footprint
- An understanding of how to create your press kit
- An understanding of the importance of a tailored media contact list in securing the right coverage for your business
- An understanding of how to create a twelve month PR plan for your business
Who is this for?
This workshop is for entrepreneurs, sole traders, coaches and consultants... in fact anyone who would like to build their profile in media.
About your trainer
Jessica is the founder of JH Public Relations, a PR agency representing inspiring entrepreneurs and personalities. JHPR’s roster has included Samuel Jackson’s Glittering Stars in Dessert Nights event, Kelly Rowland and former Dragon’s Den star Hilary Devey. Jessica is a former winner of the Daily Mail’s Enterprising Young Brit award and labelled one of Britain’s Most inspiring entrepreneurs by the Evening Standard, Sitting on Glamour Magazine’s Power List as one of the UK’s most influential women, Jessica will share the tools needed to generate your own publicity and raise the profile of your business on a limited budget.