Not Yet On Sale

Get Yourself Connected: fast-track IoT learning seminar (Camb 06/17)

Event Information

Share this event

Date and Time



Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

<Venue to be confirmed>


United Kingdom

View Map

Friends Who Are Going
Event description


3 Days of Expert IoT Training

The Internet of Things (IoT) is about to burst onto the scene and totally transform our lives forever. Smartphones, Driverless cars, Smart cities, Smart Farming – just a few of the myriad of applications made possible by this remarkable technology.

There is a growing demand for people who can understand and harness the potential of this technology. So we have designed this exciting 3-day course to meet the need for affordable, high-quality training for the Internet of Things.

What you will learn

"Internet of Things (IoT): Technology, Innovation & Policy" is our flagship training course to get people on the fast track to gaining expertise in IoT.

The course will provide you with an intensive introduction to the major technology, business and public policy aspects of the Internet of Things.

The course is structured into six key themes:

  • Evolution of the ‘Internet of Things’ concept

  • The IoT technology stack

  • Developing the IoT products and services

  • Business aspects of IoT

  • Real world examples of deployment

  • The hyperconnected world of the future

Approximately 70% of the course is devoted to coverage of technology topics. The remaining 30% teaches important business and public policy aspects.

There are no practical labs in this course. However, there will be a number of demonstrations of popular development boards and services. A future "hands-on" session can be organised on demand!

Who should attend?

Entrepreneurs, technologists, technical managers, C-level executives – indeed, anybody who needs to understand the hyper-connected world of today and tomorrow.

Is it value for money?

We think you will find the course is remarkable value for money. Shop around and you will find similar courses in London which cost £3000 or more.

By contrast, we are on a mission is to make high-quality IoT training accessible to as many people as possible. Which is why you will find our prices to be both fair and affordable. And if you are quick, you can take advantage of our generous early-bird savings.

Prior knowledge

Delegates will need to have a basic working knowledge of computer systems and Internet technologies.

What will you take away?

In addition to gaining a solid foundation knowledge of the Internet of Things, attendees will receive a comprehensive set of course notes and Certificate of Achievement.



Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?

You need to be at least 18 years of age to attend this event.

How can I contact the organiser with any questions?

Contact the organiser Bill Harpley on 07476 944338 or email

What are the Terms & Conditions of booking?

You can read our 'plain English' standard Terms & Conditions here. It includes our cancellation, substitution and refund policy, so please read it carefully. Making a booking will confirm that you agree to these Terms & Conditions.

Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?

If you have the Eventbrite app installed on your smartphone, then you should receive and e-ticket to the event. If you don't have the app then bringing a printed e-ticket will be optional.

Can I update my registration information?

Yes, you can update your personal information.

Share with friends

Date and Time


Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

<Venue to be confirmed>


United Kingdom

View Map

Save This Event

Event Saved