Actions and Detail Panel
Getting Business Ready for 30 hours
Wed 29 March 2017, 09:30 – 12:30 BST
Recent changes to the early year’s entitlements have impacted positively on children’s attainment. They have also, in some areas, re-shaped where, how, and when parents and carers take up early education. In short, the shape of the market is changing, and forthcoming policies will add to that mix.
Who is this for?
These FREE events are aimed at owners, managers, leaders, head teachers, childminders, committees and other team members who have responsibility for supporting this change programme.
Not planning on offering the additional hours?
These events are still for you and consider how you can ensure you continue to meet the needs of your customers by knowing your market, being creative and exploring alternatives as appropriate such as working in collaboration with childminders/other settings; creative use of premises, and other practical solutions.
These events will provide a solution focussed exploration of:
- Policy context - the changing shape of demand and supply in the early years sector
- The parameters of the 30 hour entitlement
- Emerging issues for areas who have been delivering since September 2016
- The specific needs of your local community and your local childcare market?
- The options for and practicalities of different delivery models
- A potential model/models of delivery which will work for you
- Action planning - the next steps you needs to take