San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
AmbITion Scotland brings you a thoroughly practical session designed for communications teams from arts, culture and heritage organisations with responsibility for day to day digital communications.
Led by Dianne Greig and Jo Cowper of Culture Republic, it will guide you through the process of building a tailor made Digital Communications Plan for your organisation. At the end of the session, your team will have a plan that you can start using straight away.
The event is designed for team working - ideally a pair of attendees per organisation will work together on a series of practical activities. (You need only register for one ticket.)
If you publish content to a website, tweet, run a facebook page or work with a wider mix of social and digital channels, this workshop will help you to:
- Understand and define your online audience: identify who you're reaching with your digital communications and know what makes them tick
- Identify and target new audience groups: understand how different digital communications channels can help you to reach new prospects
- Concentrate on the communications channels that are right for you: make sure that your website and other digital channels work together, without duplicating your efforts
- Create an effective channel strategy: know when to blog, when to tweet and when to facebook, and choose the best communications channel for each piece of digital content that you share
- Make the most of the expertise in your organisation: identify easy ways to get everyone involved in gathering and sharing digital content
- Set and measure digital communications objectives: see how other cultural and heritage organisations have made their digital activity work for them, and how they measure their success.
You'll hear plenty of case studies from the cultural and heritage sector, illustrating different approaches to digital communications and how they have worked for other organisations.
At the end of the workshop, you will take back a Digital Communications Plan ready to put into action, and a set of tools and techniques at your fingertips that will help you to target and develop your organisation's wider communications strategy.
10.00 Identifying digital communications priorities
10.40 Coffee (15 mins)
10.55 Focus on audiences, channels and content
13.15 Matching styles and channels
Developing your toolkit
14.40 Piecing the plan together
Takeaway content matrix
Workshop Leader: Dianne Greig
Dianne Greig specialises in marketing, communications, digital/social media and research consultancy, and works with a variety of Scottish arts and cultural sector organisations and venues on a wide range of public engagement projects and programmes.
Workshop Leader: Jo Cowper
Jo Cowper has over 10 years' experience of developing marketing and communications strategy for a wide range of organisations in the commercial and not-for-profit sectors.
Produced in collaboration with Culture Republic.