The Module 1 course is for all new adults in Scouting and covers the basic information everyone needs to know including:
- Purpose, Values and Method of The Scout Association (the Fundamentals of Scouting)
- Policy, Organisation and Rules (POR)
- The Scout Association’s Child Protection Policy and your role in protecting young people from harm
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- The Safety Policy and your role in keeping Scouting safe
- Support available to help you in your Scouting role
The Module 3 part of the course is aimed at Section Leaders and Section Assistants in Scouting. It aims to provide you with basic information on the section you support. Subjects covered include:
- The main features of the section you support, and how it fits into Scouting
- The use of different activities and games and why they are important in Scouting and to explore a variety of programme ideas.
- The importance of youth shaped Scouting in the planning and running of the programme.
- The tools that can help with managing behaviour within the section you are supporting
Dress code: Comfortable clothing - uniform is not required.
Lunch: Bring your own
Bring: A notepad and pen
Refreshments: Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided.
Course delivered by: Sally Holmes