Actions and Detail Panel
Sun, December 11, 2016, 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM GMT
Getting Started and Induction training - This introductory course to get you started in Scouting.
Ideal for new volunteers such as leaders, executive committee members, managers and sectional assistants. The course is also open to Explorer Scouts aged 17 and a half and anyone who is considering volunteering in Scouting.
In the first session we will cover:
- An introduction to Scouting and Volunteering
- The purpose of Scouting
- The values of Scouting
- The Scout method
- Safety considerations
- Safeguarding practice
In the second session we will cover:
- Structure and support in Scouting
- Introducing the Tools for the Job.
- The adult training scheme
- Planning your learning and development
- Validating your training
On this course you will:
- Complete the learning for Module 1, Essential Information
- Receive your leader training guide
- Complete part of Module 2, the Personal Learning Plan
- Recieve a personal copy of the "Prepared" guide to help you plan and run Scouting
- Recieve guidance on validating Getting Started and achieving your full appointment.
The course will run from 10.00am to 14:00pm. Further details of date, time and Location can be found on the right. Uniform is not required and tea and coffee will be available for donations.
You are welcome to either bring sandwiches or there is a Greggs or Subway nearby.