Getting Started and Induction training - A part introductory course to get you started in Scouting.
Ideal for new volunteers such as leaders, managers and sectional assistants. The course is also open to Explorer Scouts aged 17 and a half and anyone who is considering volunteering in Scouting.
In the first session we will cover:
- An introduction to Scouting and Volunteering
- The purpose of Scouting
- The values of Scouting
- The Scout method
- Safety considerations
- Safeguarding practice
In the second session we will cover:
- Structure and support in Scouting
- Introducing the Tools for the Job and the self study pack.
- The adult training scheme
- Planning your learning and development
- Validating your training
On this course you will:
- Complete the learning for Module 1, Essential Information
- Receive your leader training guide or managers and supporters training guide
- Complete Module 2, the Personal Learning Plan
- Recieve the self study pack for Module 3, Tools for the Job
- Recieve a personal copy of the essentials guide to help you plan and run Scouting
- Recieve guidance on validating Getting Started and achieving your full appointment.
The course will run from 7:45pm to 9:15pm on each evening. Further details of date, time and Location can be found on the right. Uniform is not required and tea and coffee will be available for donations.