Getting started with your digital camera
Aimed at: Anyone who's just got a new digital camera and doesn't know where to start, or who's had their camera for a while but is frustrated with the photos they're taking.
Pre-requisites: None - just bring your digital camera. Point-and-shoot, bridge or DSLR.
Length: 3 hours
What we cover
- Familiarising yourself with your camera's controls
- Understanding the effect the different camera settings can have on your photos
- How to use composition, colour and simple editing techniques to give your photos that wow factor
- Looking after your photos
This course is suitable for ages 10 years and over, but if you're under 16 you'll need to bring a parent or guardian with you.
You'll get a "tips and hints" handout for you to take home with you.
What you need to bring with you:
- Your camera with a charged battery and some free space on your memory card as we will be taking a few photos during the course