Actions and Detail Panel
Getting Started with your DSLR: The Next Step - Landscape
Wed 29 March 2017, 09:30 – 14:30 BST
Getting Started with your DSLR: The Next Step – Landscape
Wednesday 29th March, 9.30am-2.30pm - £65 per person
Looking to develop your confidence as a photographer, your understanding of manual settings or for advice on landscape photography? This is the workshop for you!
After the success of our ‘The Basics’ workshop, we’re excited to announce the second workshop in our series of ‘The Next Step’ courses, aimed at building on the basics and helping you develop your photographic style. Join us with your camera and enthusiasm for another brilliant half-day workshop at the beautiful Happisburgh. Here you’ll capture a broad range of subject matter including woodland, seascapes and beautiful beach huts, taking into account composition, depth-of-field and much more. Staff photographers and The Basics workshop leaders, Dibs McCallum and Josh Brown will talk you through each step on the workshop and be there to answer all questions, big or small. It’s all about improving your confidence and developing your photography!
- Short briefing, covering the plan for the day
- Talk on camera kit, lenses and setting up your camera
- Let’s start shooting!
- Composing woodland scenes
- Framing beach huts
- Creative Seascapes
- Classic Skylines
- We will cover.
- Depth of field and focusing
- Thinking outside the box – using close-ups and angles
- The importance of using a tripod
- Manipulating light and shade
- Working with and without filters
- Recap and Q&A whilst we make the walk back to our vehicles
In terms of kit, we recommend the following:
- Camera and wide angle lens
- Spare memory card and battery
- Sturdy tripod
- Lens cloth / cleaning kit
- Filters e.g. polarizing filters or ND filters
- Shutter release for long exposures
Please also bring with you any refreshments you will need for the day, as well as sturdy shoes for walking in and weather appropriate clothing. Toilet facilities are available nearby for public use. We will meet at the car park on Beach Road at 9.20am to ensure a prompt start. This is a pay and display car park which is £5 for all day.
Book now to avoid disappointment!