Who is the course for?
Teaching staff in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. The course is aimed at teachers with 1:1 Chromebooks who are already familiar with Google Apps (Drive, Slides, Docs, Sheets)
Aims of the course
This course will equip you with a whirlwind of ideas to take away that will make you think about the way you teach and children learn. You will learn how to develop strategies for more effective use of 1:1 technology through the use of Chromebooks and Google apps for education and explore the possibilities for teaching and learning using these technologies.
The course will include:
- looking at pupil / teacher response webapps that can be used for quick ongoing assessment during the lesson (including quizzes)
- using Google Classroom effectively for setting tasks and collaborating on documents
- using the Chromebook to advance writing skills
- an introduction to creative tools that could be used within topic work
- an introduction to Hyperdocs, including the 4Cs, and pupil led learning
Included in this course is the opportunity to spend a morning with the course leader in his own school observing the teaching of a class using the principles experienced on the course. There will be time to be able to discuss the impact of the lesson and any questions which arise from it.
The course will cover a lot of material and will move swiftly across topics with a view that you can follow up in greater depth with other less confident staff members back at your own schools.
Clint Lees has over 30 years’ experience working across the primary age range with a particular expertise in Year 6 and the use of IT. He has a passionate interest in teaching literacy and has developed a bank of writing resources used in schools across the country.
As well as skills in computer software and hardware, Clint is an expert in technology as an effective teaching tool to enhance learning. He is currently driving forward the use of one-to-one technology through Chromebooks and Google apps for education.