Actions and Detail Panel
Getting the Most Out of Your Marketing and Communications
Tue 23 May 2017, 09:00 – 12:00 BST
This workshop is funded by the European Regional Development Fund and is hosted by the D2N2 Growth Hub in partnership with High Peak Borough Council and Lucy Rennie Communications.
Effective communications and marketing play a vital role in any organisation’s performance. Keep ahead of the competition and update your skills in this short, interactive workshop with one of the region’s leading communication professionals.
9.00am: Registration, coffee and networking
10.30am: Short break
11:45am: Q & A
1. What is communications / marketing and why should you have a strategy and a plan?
- Introduction to the benefits of planning.
2. How to build an effective brand identity
- Building the foundations - mission statement and purpose / values / USP / branding and style and the importance of consistency in everything that you do.
- Key tools to have eg boilerplates, brand folder.
3. How to make sure you stand out from your competitors
- Looking at your USP, what makes you different to your competitors?
- What are your competitors doing well or not so well? What are they saying or not saying that you can take advantage of?
4. How to target your audience
- Who do you need to communicate with and why?
- Where do they go? What do they do? What are they interested in?
5. How to write an effective plan
- Make sure what you do is aligned with your business goals and objectives.
- Be specific and consistent.
- Prioritising your actions and your budget.
- How do you know if it works? Reviewing your actions.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is for SMEs, sole traders and business owners in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire who are interested in learning more about communications and marketing. It aims to provide a taster and introduction to the various themes and provide some food for thought as well as key tools and templates to take away and implement.
This workshop is funded via the European Regional Development Fund, therefore we are required to evidence that you are a small to medium enterprise.
There will be a couple of forms that will need to be completed either prior to the event and these will be sent to you once you have registered. One form is to ensure you are a small to medium enterprise, the second is to capture any business support you have received over the last 3 years to ensure you haven’t exceeded €200,000. If you have previously completed these forms at a Growth Hub event you will not have to complete another set.
About the Trainer
Until May 2014, Lucy worked out of Luxembourg as head of communications for a large international division, looking after the communications for over 400 sites worldwide within the global mining and steel company, ArcelorMittal. Lucy has over 14 years’ experience working in an international, complex and multicultural business environment.
Lucy comments: “I am a great believer that we should be constantly looking for ways to improve and to do things better and this workshop will give you a great insight and practical skills to take away to develop your marketing and communications strategy.”