Do you operate a charity shop which is not yet running Gift Aid, or are not sure if it is being done properly? This course will set out the main requirements of retail Gift Aid and explain how it can be done, with little more than marking the donated items with a different coloured label.
At the end of the course delegates will have learned:
- The basic concept of a charity ‘shop’ not being a true ‘(selling) shop, but a ‘convertor of goods into cash’
- How Charity Shops can take the donations of physical items and turn these into cash which can still be regarded as coming from the donor.
- The three different ways in which this can be structure
- The standard method
- Method A
- Method B
- How each works and which on should you choose.
- The concept of confirmation of donation and the donors rights
Trainer: Barry Gower, MD of Gift Aid recovery specialists GAIN
Kindly hosted by Blackbaud - fundraising tools for nonprofits