Actions and Detail Panel
Girl Geek Dinner #51
Wed 11 May 2016, 19:00 – 21:30 BST
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
We are now sold out- but there is a waiting list if you want to be on it
The motto of Girl Geek Dinners is eat-drink-geek! We like to create a space to share interesting ideas, often over pizza, sometimes with wine. This Digital Bristol Week event hosted at the University of Bristol is a chance to meet Bristol’s Girl Geeks and fInd out where we’re from, what our passions are and what sort of work we do. Whether you’re studying, working or coming back from a career break, come and meet an interesting bunch of women working in a wide range of local companies. nb this event is open to women and men.
Our mission should we choose to accept it:
· To break down old fashioned social stereotypes.
· To identify routes around barriers to entry for anyone to get into technology.
· To encourage and nurture those interested in technology.
· To work with local schools, colleges and universities to encourage more women into the technology industry.
· To support those currently in the industry and work together to figure out the issues and the solutions.
· To include men, women and children in this journey…. and not exclude men from Girl Geek Dinner Events
If you want to join us more often then head on over to our meetup group.
We do allow men to come to our usual events if they are invited to come along by a woman. For this Digital Bristol Week event we are open to all.
We are meeting in room 1.11 in the Merchant Venturer's Building, which is No.25 on this University precinct map: http://www.bris.ac.uk/maps/print/precinct-key.pdf