This is a Giving to Heritage training event run by The Heritage Alliance in conjunction with CAN Invest and sponsored by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
1. Context and the role of social investment
- Introduction to the positioning of social investment withing the wider funding landscape and specifically to the Heritage sector. When social investment should be considered based on their stage of development, business models and tax considerations.
- An outline of the types of social investment, to provide participants with information and advice to navigate the market and any related jargon. The pros and cons of social investment on offer.
2. Attracting social investment
- The process of securing social investment.
- The Investor POV and key aspects of due diligence.
3. A good social investment relationship
- The different factors that make for a positive vs negative relationship between investees and social investors.
4. Training outcomes
- An understanding of social investment's position in the wider funding landscape and relevance to the heritage sector.
- Skills and techniques on how to identify whether a social investment proposition is right for their organisation.
- Awareness of organisational changes, processes and documentation required to be clasified as 'investment ready'.
- Skills and techniques needed to take on social investmenty, fulfill investor's expectations and requirements and incorporate into finacial modelling and processing.
- Awareness of potential next steps and sources of information to continue their social investment journey, if applicable.