Actions and Detail Panel
Glampsite Business Start-Up Workshop
Thu 18 May 2017, 09:30 – 17:00 BST
Our mission: to provide pragmatic, in-depth knowledge and know-how to those interested in starting a glamping business.
Hosted by industry professional Kate Morel, with guest presenter Jenna Turnham, whose sucessful glamping business is to be featured on 'Discover Britain'. Both will share a wealth of information, experience, inside tips and the pitfalls to avoid.
This workshop will be of great value if you are considering, or about to, set up your own glampsite, especially if you're new to the glamping industry and hospitality.
The day will start with an introduction to, and overview of, the glamping industry so you understand how it's developing and where your project might fit in. We will then work through each workshop topic, where, if you already have land, you can start applying the content to your own project or ideas. In the afternoon we will be joined by Jenna, who will share her first hand experience of the process of setting up and running her site.
Questions, discussion and interaction are actively encouraged throughout the day. Time and availability permitting, it might also be possible to visit Jenna's glampsite after the workshop.
This workshop will cover the most important factors of setting up and running a glamping business. Order of presentation:
- Overview of the industry and developments – opportunity for you to evaluate how your project might work
- The suitability of your location & potential target guest profile.
- The type of structures available, examples of possible rental fees.
- Guidelines on planning requirements.
- The Facilities and utilities you can offer, installation and examples of costs.
- Digital marketing, booking systems, different glampsites suit different marketing, we’ll explore the most used models.
- Jenna’s real-time example of setting up and running her glampsite, the costs, problems and rewards.
If you'd like more information about the workshop before booking, please visit www.katemorel.com