Actions and Detail Panel
Sat 15 October 2016, 09:00 – 17:30 BST
SCOTLAND'S FESTIVAL OF TRAILRUNNING
Trailfest brings a new dimension to the already-vibrant trailrunning scene in Scotland. Trailfest is a celebration of trailrunning that combines racing, training, advice, inspiration from elites, and our own runners’ after-party to create one epic day.
With this year’s theme being ‘Building the Dream’, we have created a programme of guests who have their own awe-inspiring stories to tell of how they have built their own dreams and how you can too. Whether you’ve got your sights set on an FKT (Fastest Known Time), want to complete a multi-stage ultra, or dream of completing a 10K, the lessons and inspiration from our guests will give you the belief and inspiration to help you achieve your own dreams.
We have built the day around four themes:
TrailFIT | TrailHEROES | TrailRUN | TrailCHAT
Strength & Conditioning
Yoga for Runners
Run with the Elites
Stories, advice and inspiration from runners who defined their own 'extraordinary'
HOKA ONE ONE Mugdock Mile
TrailFest Five (5K) (note: this is a self-timed 'Strava' run and not a mass-start)
After party & BBQ
Meet the TrailHEROES:
- Marco Consani, Ambassador for inov-8, the all terrain running brand and Mountain Fuel #FeelGoodFuel.
- Debbie Martin-Consani, Ambassador for Montane, Ultimate Direction, Drymax and Petzl and a member of the Centurion Running Ultra Team
- Casey Morgan, Glasgow-based ultra-runner with Team Compressport
- Gary Tompsett, ‘Architect of Adventure’ of some of the UK’s toughest races; Skyline Scotland, Rat Race Man vs Lakes, The Cape Wrath Ultra and a whole lot more.
- Sophie Mullins. Animal-loving ultra runner and Scottish 100km champion overcoming mast cell disease and inflammatory arthritis
- Lucja Leonard, ultra running #500kin5days adventurer, running coach and Edinburgh Run Tours leader
- Mark Russell. Owner of Kirdaka Yoga and Lululemon ambassador
- James Stewart, winner of the 2016 West Highland Way Race, ultrarunner, #Hokaflyer and #TeamPyllon.
- Robert Hamilton, Scotland's leading authority on open-water swimming and owner of Vigour Events
- Susie Allison, author of ‘Scottish Trail Running’
- Graham Kelly. Endurance and adventure lover well known for sporting an impressive beard!
Please note that session details and timings are correct at the time of writing but may be subject to change