San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Saturday 27 May 2017, race starts 10am
Glentress Forest, Scottish Borders
About the Glentress Seven
Welcome to the Magnificent Seventh Edition of the Glentress Seven!
The Glentress Seven is TweedLove’s flagship endurance mountain bike event, and firmly established as one of Scotland's most popular MTB events. It's a great day’s riding and racing for everyone, with the emphasis on great trails and a friendly, fun atmosphere.
Expect some nice climbs, fantastic singletrack, great descents and a whole lot of fun – you can go as hard, or easy, as you like. The main descent is a total classic and not open for riding the rest of the year.
There will be a few ‘seventastic’ things going on this year, and (if seven hours of riding isn’t enough challenge!) you can even do a trail run on the course the evening before.
A seven hour race - how it works
The aim is to complete as many laps as you can in the seven hour time limit. Teams ride in relay – there’s only one team member on the course at any one time. Timing is via an electronic card which is worn by the team member on course. When a rider crosses the lap finish line their time is recorded, and they then pass the card onto the next team member and so on.
Riders can do as many laps as they want/can manage in the time. The transition/timing/ team change-over area is in the event village. The course is marked out all the way round and there are marshals at all key positions.
Riders can go as hard or easy as they like, and there’s always the lure of a nice cake and a bit of a social down at the event village. There’s also a cake and water station at the top of the course.
The race starts at 10am on Saturday 27 May. You must register beforehand (or the evening before) to collect your race number, timing chip and course information. Full details will be sent to entrants as a pdf download the week before the race.
Solo Entry £45.00
Pair Entry £80.00
Trio Entry £115.00
What you get:
• Seven hours of top riding with a fab bunch of people
• The best, most fun* endurance race course in the UK
• Electronic timing by SI systems
• Great ‘Free Cake Shop’ feed station, with the most delicious cakes**
• Miles of awesome singletrack
• Event village with great food and drink
• Personalised number boards, with your name and team name
• The best course medics available
• On site tech support
*we’re pretty sure about this!
**we’re totally certain about this!!
This event is suitable for riders who are competent on blue and red grade trails. Any drop-offs are avoidable and technical sections are short and not too scary. The course is around 11km with around 380m of climbing each lap.
Introducing... a new TweedLove trail run for 2017!
We know lots of you are trail runners as well as bike riders, and following some great advice from the trail running community, we're setting up the GT7 course for runners too - the evening before the bike race.
Now the fit and the tough among you can run the (almost 11k) course - just one lap mind - as a warm-up on the evening of Friday 26th May.
It's being organised as a separate evening trail-run set-up for off-road runners, but of course all GT7 entrants will get discounted entries (but only when entering both events at the same time!). You must follow this process:
1. Select entry/ticket type for Glentress Seven
2. Proceed to order form and fill in all of the required details
3. BEFORE paying, click to add on and 'additional item' (discounted entry to Glentress 11k trail run). NB you must select here which rider/riders are running the Glentress 11k the evening before the Glentress Seven. This discounted entry is ONLY availble for participants of Glentress Seven.
4. After you have added your 'additional item' (must select one item per runner), proceed to pay.
More info about The Glentress 11k here
The Glentress Seven and Glentress 11k are held at Forestry Commission Scotland's Glentress trail centre.
Save This Event
Osprey Car Park, Glentress
EH45 8NB Peebles
Hillside Outside Ltd
Event organising company based in Peebles, in the Scottish Borders.
Events include The TweedLove Bike Festival and Tour O The Borders