The Improvement Practitioner modules have been co-designed with members and partners based upon the needs and challenges that they are facing in understanding and improving the culture of safety within their organisations. We believe that addressing behaviours, understanding safety cultures and measuring impact are key components of any safety improvement plans and can be referenced within your ‘Sign Up To Safety’ plans.
Who is this event aimed at?
Appreciative inquiry (AI) is a model for analysis, decision-making and the creation of strategic change, particularly within complex organisations. It involves the art and practice of asking questions that strengthen a system’s capacity to apprehend, anticipate and heighten positive potential.
What will attendees learn this event / workshop?
- Provide you with an introduction to AI in safety improvement.
- Support the four underpinning principles of the safety framework: Openness; thoughtfulness; reflectiveness; inquisitiveness.
- Enable you to build on strength-based, solution-focused & asset-based approaches to healthcare.
- Provide you with practical tools and activities to develop your own appreciative inquiry style. This includes reframing, generating and developing appreciative questions, and the power of narrative.
- Support you in using AI to develop safety and good practice with examples of where AI has been successfully applied in healthcare.
Greater Manchester Academic Health Science Network have commissioned this course as part of their Patient Safety Collaborative Programme, supporting improvements in patient safety across the region. To find out more about the work of GM AHSN, please visit their website: www.gmahsn.org
This event will be a 1 day course. All pre work items will be sent to delegates two weeks in advance.
Lunch is included in the day.
Casual dress. We recommend bringing a sweater or jacket as the meeting room may be cold at times.
The fine print:
This event is free to all AQuA member organisations. If you are unsure if you are a registered member, please click here.
Final event arrangements are confirmed with the venue up to two weeks before the event. In order to ensure that places are not wasted please let us know at your earliest convenience if you are no longer able to attend. Many of our events operate waiting lists so this will enable us to reallocate your place to someone else on the list.