Actions and Detail Panel
GM CHAMBER MEET THE EXPERT
Fri 5 May 2017, 08:30 – 15:30 BST
According to the Department for International Trade, 85% of British companies' state that exporting has led them to a level of growth not otherwise possible, and yet in the UK, only one in five companies are actively exporting.
It is estimated that if we were to increase the volume of our exports by 5%, this could contribute as much as £36bn to our economy. Greater Manchester Chamber remains committed in helping companies in the region to internationalise, which is why we are working with a number of partners including the Department of International Trade - North West, to bring you a wealth of expertise in different areas of exporting & importing:
• Market advisers from a range of countries including: China, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia, Germany, France, USA, Canada, India, Middle East and Latin America.
• E-commerce advice
• Digital and international marketing advice
• Language and cultural advice
• International logistics
• Intellectual property advice
• Getting paid (export finance, import finance and alternative finance)
• Managing risk
• Managing foreign exchange cost effectively
How much does it cost?
The cost will include refreshments, lunch, as well as the arrangement of one-to-one meetings. Once your expression of interest is confirmed, you will be invoiced as follows:
Member: £15+VAT per delegate
Non-Members: £30+VAT per delegate
Format of the Event:
Companies will have the opportunity to meet with experts for 20 minutes one-to-one meetings to discuss specific export/import/investment queries and understand the wide range of support available to help you grow your business globally.
Please note that meetings will be allocated on first-come first-served basis. We can not guarantee you will be able to meet with all of the experts or at certain time slots.
8:30 a.m. Registrations and coffee
9:00 a.m. One-to-one meetings start
12:00 p.m. Lunch break
12:40 p.m. One-to-one meetings re-start
15:30 p.m. Close
You can participate as follows:
- Delegates: You must be a registered UK company who is actively looking to grow your business internationally either via exporting, importing or investing overseas. Please note service providers will not be allowed to attend as delegates.
- Experts: You must be a service provider who can offer advice and support to exporters and importers in any of the areas indicated above. Places are limited so please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you're interested.
- Sponsorship: Interested in being a sponsor at this event? Email email@example.com to find out more details.
Note: Please note members will have priority over non-members.
Cancellation & Refund Terms and Conditions
If you no longer can attend the event, you have up to 7 working days before the event to cancel your place and request a full refund. Your cancellation must be in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly the event and number of places you are cancelling for. Any cancellation after that is not refundable.
If you can no longer attend the event, you have up to 15 working days before the event to cancel your place and request a full refund. Your cancellation must be in writing and sent to email@example.com indicating clearly the event and number of places you are cancelling for. Any cancellation after that is not refundable.
Please note delegates’ information is shared with event’s partners.