Actions and Detail Panel
Gnocchi hands on class / workshop
Thu 30 March 2017, 18:30 – 20:30 BST
Homemade gnocchi are a bit tricky to get right, but once you have mastered the basic techniques you will want to make them again and again and use them in so many different recipes!
Join us for this fun hands-on class and learn how to make 3 very different types of gnocchi, discover more about this kind of pasta, sauces combinations, cooking techniques (not all gnocchi needs to be boiled in water!) and tips & tricks about how to make perfect pillowy gnocchi, coloured gnocchi and more!
You will be making:
- Traditional potato gnocchi, the base of many other types - take home a tray!
- Semolina Gnocchi cooked in the oven (Roman style) - we will taste these during the class
- Tuscan Gnocchi with ricotta & spinach called Gnudi or Malfatti (literally “badly done” ..but delicious!) - we will taste these during the class
At the end of the class, you will bring home a tray filled with your hand-made gnocchi along with recipe cards! And you can stay for dinner (should the gnocchi tasting not be enough!) at one of the numerous stalls of Mercato Metropolitano.
Are you vegetarian or following a gluten-free diet? Contact us before booking and we can tailor the recipes to your diet so you can join us too!
Please arrive 10 minutes early for a timely start!
Location: The Cookery Kitchen at Mercato Metropolitano. Mercato Metropolitano is a vibrant space where everyone shares the same passion for food and social relationships. They want to have a small impact on everyone’s well-being – the MM movement is a reaction to large scale big industry which is overdeveloped and short on principles – we have lost the way, their approach is to draw on the basic principles of ‘small is beautiful’ and ‘natural is good.’
- Please note our classes are for adults only - please contact us to check if we can accommodate participants under 18 years old (but over 12 years old and accompanied by a ticket holding adult)
- we reserve the right to cancel the class at any time; in the rare eventuality should this happen you will receive a full refund and a discount on the next class as an apology for the inconvenience
- Min participants 6 - Max 12 people. Should we not reach the min number the class might be rescheduled
- Please note should you wish to cancel the class with less than 48h notice we will do our best to find a substitute and refund your ticket, but we are unable to guarantee a full refund - with over 48th notice a full refund will be issued within 24 hours from the request.