Actions and Detail Panel
Goldwork Embroidery with Bella Lane
Sat 26 November 2016, 14:00 – 16:30 GMT
Join Bella Lane and learn to stitch this beautiful Goldwork Tudor Rose design inspired by the United Kingdom realms. This class is the perfect mini-masterclass for the complete beginner to traditional goldwork hand embroidery techniques.
Goldwork embroidery is one of the richest techniques of hand embroidery. It has been practised from ancient times, using gold, silver, copper and wire threads, originally in ecclesiastical costumes in Europe. Today goldwork embroidery appears in art forms and in fashion. This beautiful Indian Paisley design will take you to the next level of embroidery, learning and stitching a lovely project on recycled fabric. Bring your reading or stitching glasses if necessary, as the work is fine!
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Undertand how to set up the fabric in the embrodery hoop and best types of needles and threads to use
- Use couching stitches to attach the gold thread
- Add beads, sequins sequrely and neatly as additional embelishments
- Learn how to plan and transfer a design onto fabric ready for the Goldwork
- Have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craftperson.
- Feel inspired to embark on your own Goldwork embroidery designs!
MATERIALS: Bella will be preparing special goldwork embroidery kits for £15 containing instruction sheet, needle & threads, fabric (payable on the day) and there will be embroidery hoops available to use (which can be purchased in the shop after the class) but you are welcome to bring your own supplies if you already have them!
For booking Terms & Conditions
For more information on Fabrications and our classes, please visit our Website