A Gong Bath is a form of Sound Healing where the Gong and other related instruments are played to bring out well being. It works by the therapeutic application of sound to people with the intention of bringing them into a state of harmony.
The term 'bath' signifies being bathed in sound waves - there is no water or touching involved. Fully clothed, you are invited to lay comfortably on a yoga mat (or sit on a chair/cushion if you find it more comfortable), wrap yourself in a blanket, close your eyes, relax, and be cocooned in a sonic immersion.
A Gong Bath is the perfect 'timeless' zone to simply 'be'. It provides a space to re-generate, re-nourish, and re-set your whole being - mind, body, emotions, soul, and energy field.
The session includes:
- a guided meditation/visualization;
- and a sound immersion with Gongs and other therapeutic instruments (singing bowls, chimes, bells, a rain stick, a frame drum, a Koshi, a croaking frog güiro, shakers and leaf rattles).
WHAT TO EXPECT
- A safe space and an atmospheric/relaxing environment (i.e. candlelight or low light) with high quality Gongs and other sound tools like Singing Bowls, Koshi Wind chimes, Cactus Rainsticks, Croaking Frog Güiro'shakers, Bells, Rattles, Shakers, Chimes, Voice, a Frame Drum, and a Shruti Box,The session may include all, or some of these.
- Yoga mats positioned around or in front of the Gongs and related sound tools. You choose your space and lay in the most comfortable position for you (laying down on a comfortable mat is usual but not essential, so if you prefer you can sit down. )
- A short intro about Patricia (the Gong Practitioner), and the Gong Bath session.
- A guided meditation/visualisation focusing on the breath to allow your whole being to settle in and relax. The more relaxed you are the more beneficial the session is for you.
- Around 50 minutes of sonic immersion with the sounds of the Gongs and related sound tools.
- A period of silence for integration purposes.
- A collective Om sound to bring the session to a close. You are welcome to join in or to listen.
- Ongoing support after the session via email or telephone. Questions may emerge after the session and you are welcome to contact me.
BENEFITS THAT CAN BE EXPERIENCED
*Stress reduction, or a better ability to cope with stress.
*Improvement in sleep quality.
*Sense of contentment.
*Breaking up of emotional blockages.
*Understanding solutions to problems.
THINGS TO KNOW
*What to bring: Each participant is provided with a yoga mat, a head rest, and a lavender eye pillow, and a blanket. However, for extra comfort, you are welcome to bring your own cushion/pillow (or cushions/pillows), and/or your own mat or extra 'padding' so you can can put it over the mat provided for a 'softer' bed. and a blanket to keep warm because the body temperature may shift during the session. You are also welcome to bring your own blanket.
*What to wear: Please wear loose and comfortable clothing.
*Please inform me if you are on your first trimester of pregnancy, suffer from a sound sensitive condition, have a pacemaker, or have any particular need and not sure if the sessions are suitable for you.
If you have any questions, please let me know. You can contact me on 07825166474/ email@example.com.
(((GONG))) VIBES :)