Spend an invigorating half-day getting up to date with the roles and responsibilities of those in governance/trustee positions.
Community Southwark workshops are ideal for those new to trusteeship or simply looking for a refresher. Using games, exercises, peer learning and lectures, we provide the key information and space to think about the key governance issues affecting your organisation.
We will explore roles and responsibilities, duties and liabilities, the Code of Good Governance and where to get quick support.
By the end of the course, you will be able to up-date the rest of your board and carry out your duties with confidence.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who:
• Trustees/Management Committee members of charities and charitable incorporated organisations or charitable companies
• Those wishing to become trustees/management committee members
• Staff members who support trustees/management committee members
• What is a trustee/management committee member
• What is Governance
• Who can be a trustee management committee member
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Duties of trustees/management committee members
• Liabilities and risk
• Code of Good Governance
• Further support
On completion of this Governance Made Easy workshop participants will be able to:
• Identify and explain their role as Trustees within the sector
• Identify legal and best practice trustee responsibilities
• Describe the boundaries between staff and trustees, operational and strategic
• Demonstrate an understanding of conflict of interest, conflict management and the difference between personal and organisational views
• Demonstrate a greater confidence in their ability to be an effective trustee
FREE to groups based in and/or working in the Borough of Lambeth
Please note that there is a £25 fee payable for non-attendance unless 3 working days’ notice of cancellation has been given. If three of our training courses are missed without prior notice, you will not be able to participate in any sessions for the remainder of the annual training and events
Please see our Terms and Conditions before booking your place
What is included?
• Course Workbook
• Certificate of training course attendance if required
Lunch is not provided for this course. Ideally, please bring a sandwich or something with you so that we can chat during this time.
We offer bespoke training and consultancy for organisations wishing to undergo a tailor-made programme specific to their requirements. For more information please call 020 7358 7020.
Community Southwark, Development Team
Save This Event
When & Where
We equip Southwark’s voluntary organisations and community groups with the tools and information they need to help them make a difference in the communities they serve. Community Southwark is a Registered Charity (no. 1105835) and a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales (no. 5090324).