Images and video on social media sites grab attention and drive traffic. More and more online marketing content is visual. So how can your charity or voluntary group create and use graphics and video to support your fundraising, communications, campaigning and other activities?
And how can you do it yourself, quickly and cheaply?
Howard Lake, publisher of UK Fundraising since 1994, will guide you through the practicalities of making, posting and sharing effective images and videos for your organisation to use.
Expect a practical hands-on half-day course. We'll use laptops, tablets and mobile phones (bring your own!) to create a wide variety of images that tell a story, demonstrate impact, ask for support and more. We'll even use paper, crayons and scissors to get creative.
The course will cover
- why images matter in digital communications
- different sources of images - your organisation's, paid-for, free, your supporters', make your own
- choosing the right kind of images - infographics, cartoons, photos, animations, videos, selfies, memes, collages, user generated content
- creating various images using free/low cost tools on your phone, tablet and/or laptop
- practical issues: using the right size images for the key social media tools, storing images, rights, where and how to share them
Who is this course for?
- charity staff and volunteers who want to make the most out of social media
- fundraisers, digital staff, communications staff, events organisers, volunteer managers
- charity staff who can appreciate the value of images but don't have the budget for professional photo shoots or commercial images
- no graphics or photographic experience is required
- gain confidence in using mobile phones, tablets and laptops as image creation tools
- understand the ways in which well-crafted images can support their organisation's fundraising, campaigning, and communications
- leave having made a range of images for use or at least for discussion with their colleagues
This is a practical course so you are strongly encouraged to bring at least one of the following - a smartphone, camera, tablet, or laptop.
We'll cover a range of apps that you might find useful. Some will be free downloads, others are low cost. You might want to pay to download those on the day or beforehand, although this won't be essential.
Join us at Blackbaud Europe for an enjoyable afternoon of making images that will support your organisation's work.
Kindly hosted by Blackbaud – fundraising tools for nonprofits
— David Bench (@Davidbench) December 14, 2012
Photo: Luke Peterson Photography on Flickr.com
Thanks to Changing Business.