Actions and Detail Panel
Great Ormond Street Biomedical Research Centre Open Day
Sat 15 October 2016, 12:30 – 16:30 BST
Please note that on arrival there may be a short waiting time at the entrance.
Spotlight on Research:
Join us for a fun family day exploring medical research and how it improves child health!
Perfect for: Ages 5+
Play a game to learn about the role of the immune system in fighting disease, take part in a clinical trial with a twist & explore...
‘The amazing world of muscles’
- Discover what makes a muscle work
- Work alongside a physiotherapist to carry out muscle and exercise tests
- Take part in a muscle man competition!
‘Genes and cell therapy’
- Experience laboratory tours with activities like ‘match the chromosomes’
- Dress up in cell therapy suits
‘Skin & You’
- Craft a skin model and learn about our skin as an essential defence against germs and bugs
For more information please visit: http://www.gosh.nhs.uk/great-ormond-street-brc-open-day-2016