Greater Manchester - Housing - The People's Plan
PP website > http://www.PeoplesPlanGM.org.uk/
PP facebook > https://www.facebook.com/PeoplesPlanGM
PP twitter > https://twitter.com/PeoplesPlanGM
Greater Manchester Housing Action is hosting a public meeting on the housing crisis in Greater Manchester as part of a programme of events organised by The People's Plan.
The People's Plan will be a series of policy demands decided by the people of Greater Manchester and for the poeple of Greater Manchester. It will be put to the Greater Manchester mayoralty candidates, ensuring that their accountabiliy is to the people that they will represent and not the economic demands of the Westminter Treasury.
The event will begin with an opportunity to discuss how issues of housing and homelessness are affecting Greater Manchester and its inhabitants. We will then split into working groups to discuss in greater detail specific areas of policy and their potential solutions before finally reconvening to report on our conclusions.
Discussion of policy will include, but not be exclusive to:
- the planning priorities of the city council
- the provision of social housing in Greater Manchester
- regulation of the private rented sector
- an end to the power imbalance inherent to relationship between tenant and landlord
- Manchester's homelessness crisis
- exploration of alternative housing provisions such as mutually owned housing and co-operative housing
The results of the evening will feed directly into The People's Plan http://www.peoplesplangm.org.uk/