San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Greater South East Regional Gathering
FREE training, workshops, speakers, networking, and most importantly wonderful people taking action for the planet from across the region.
The Gathering is all about:
- meeting up with Friends of the Earth members and allies, networking and building friendships
- getting the low down on campaigns local and nationally
- skilling up and building capacity
- building your energy for the year of campaiging ahead
- having a great time whilst cracking on with the work that we need to
A few details about the day...
We're planning to have some bread and soup from the lovely cafe downstairs so we've got something hot, but please bring along salad, veggie/vegan mains, dips, cheese, fruit, or something else that's tasty and easy to share!
Don't worry at all if you can't bring something to share, there are also shops nearby to pick something up on the day.
Let us know if you can no longer come:
We're fully booked! 100 people are coming, which is just wonderful. We're looking at how we can squeeze in a few more people, but this does mean if you're no longer able to make it, we'd love to know.
Very exciting sign for the environmental movement's health.
Drop in later if that's best for you:
The agenda is below, so have a good read and think about what you might like to go to. Everyone is welcome to drop in throughout the day.
The morning is more focussed on Friends of the Earth as an organisation and what local groups and affiliates have been up to. If that's not your bag, please feel free to join us at lunchtime.
11.00: Welcome to the gathering and exciting updates from Friends of the Earth - Anna Watson and Chris Church
11.50: Celebrating the Greater South East Network – Phil Burroughs and Rachel Kennerly
1.15: First workshops:
- London mayoral elections – Sophie Neuberg
- Aviation and working with the media – Jenny Bates
- The threat to bees from pesticides…and how to stop it! – Dave Timms
- Connecting through solidarity: Narratives from the Global South - Martin Vainstein
2.30: Second workshops:
- Clean Air – Oliver Hayes
- Keep it in the Ground – Rachel Kennerly and Rosie Cotgreave and lightning talk from Quentin
- Getting the nation to listen; not just preaching to the converted. Using the right language for politicians of all parties and local residents. – Conservative Cllr John Bint, Milton Keynes and Victoria Harvey
- What does the EU referendum mean for the environment? Sam Lowe
3.30: Open space
4.00: Round up of the day
4.10: Clean Air Action
Friends of the Earth Europe gratefully acknowledges financial assistance from the European Union. The contents of this event and the event materials are the sole responsibility of Friends of the Earth Europe and cannot be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union mentioned above. The European Union mentioned above cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information provided at this event on in the event materials.