The emerging middle class with rising income levels is growing by 90 million per year. To meet the resulting demand for new housing and commercial space, a huge development program is underway. We therefore have a narrow window of opportunity to shape our built environment. Property developers are trying to meet this demand sustainably in order to differentiate their developments. Resource-efficient buildings clearly have impact, from the corporate bottom line to a homeowner’s pocket. But how does a developer confidently capture this value while gaining brand recognition?
The solution is EDGE, a green building certification system for emerging markets created by the IFC, a member of the World Bank Group. EDGE is a measurable way for builders to optimize their designs, leading to a more investment-worthy and marketable product. By keeping certification fast and inexpensive, EDGE keeps pace with the momentum that developers need in order to stay at the forefront of the green building trend. For more information, please visit www.edgebuildings.com
Join the EDGE Breakfast Seminar for Designers and Clients
Who should attend
Building design professionals who take on projects in emerging economies.
- Ommid Saberi, Senior Industry Specialist – Green Buildings, Climate Business Department, IFC (World Bank Group) Introduction to EDGE – why it was developed, what makes it different?
- Inge Huijbrechts, Vice President Responsible Business, Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group Client Perspective – why is a global hospitality company committing to EDGE.
- Ronak Gawarwala, Senior Associate I Sustainable Design Leader, HOK Details of HOKs EDGE Commitment and an Introduction to an EDGE Project from an architectural point of view.
- Tom Saunders, EDGE Programme Manager, thinkstep Quick demo of the EDGE tool and how it compares to other standards.
- Harry Fernau, Global Product Manager - Energy & Green Building, SGS The EDGE certification process.
Audience (by invitation only)
If you are interested in attending the EDGE Seminar for Designers and Building owners please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org