As civil society prepares to mobilise for the Paris climate summit in December, we are pleased to invite you to a TUC seminar to launch the new TUC/Greenpeace report, Green Collar Nation.
While the UK urgently needs to move towards a lower carbon economic model, in the past such periods of restructuring have too often left ordinary workers to bear the costs. So this joint paper sets out the need for new industrial opportunities and skilled jobs to support a fairer shift, exploring the common ground between the trade union and environment movements in tackling climate change and reaping the benefits of the transition towards a cleaner and stronger economy.
- Joss Garman, Associate Director for Climate Change, Energy and Transport at IPPR.
- Philip Pearson, Senior Policy Officer, TUC
- Donna Hume, Senior Campaigner, Friends of the Earth
- Laura Cohen, CEO, British Ceramic Confederation
- Doug Parr, Chief Scientist, Greenpeace
- Sue Ferns, TUC General Council lead on the environment, Deputy General Secretary, Prospect
The event will be followed by a drinks reception.
When & Where
Trades Union Congress (TUC)
The Trades Union Congress (TUC) is the voice of Britain at work. We represent nearly six million working people in 52 unions across the economy. We campaign for more and better jobs and a better working life for everyone, and we support trade unions to grow and thrive.