Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
After 19 months of experimentation, greenLIFE presents innovations in the tanning industry, which aims for environmental and economic sustainability.
Is it possible to reduce the environmental impact of the tanning industry while maintaining its competitiveness? The European Union, through the LIFE programme, funded half the greenLIFE project, Green Leather Industry for the Environment. Launched in June 2014, greenLIFE today – after following the results obtained in the first 19 months of experimentation – looks to the future. With #greenleather2016, the project disseminates its achievements in terms of reducing environmental impact and reusing waste and by-products for the benefit of other industrial sectors.
The companies sponsoring the project are Dani and Mastrotto Group, Ikem, Ilsa, and Acque del Chiampo.
- Guido Zilli, Project Coordinator, Dani Group: From greenLIFE to #greenleather2016
- Mariano Mecenero, Dani Group: We bring on an industrial scale a new technique of oxidative hair removal
- Giorgio Pozza, Mastrotto Group: High-value tanning by-products for use in biocompatible and sustainable technologies
- Marco Colombina, Ikem: New organic tanning from renewable sources
- Franco Cavazza, Ilsa: Recovery processes for the production of fertilizers based on hydrolysed proteins derived from by-products of the phases of liming and chromium-free tanning
- Daniele Refosco, Acque del Chiampo: Full cycle tanneries – The LCA (life cycle assessment) between now and the future
To ensure involvement of global operators, the event will be streamed online with simultaneous translation into English at https://goo.gl/ssHnCx