San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To develop the skills, knowledge and understanding and confidence to support pupils who are experiencing loss and grief
• to develop an understanding of the impact of loss and grief on children and young people’s physical and emotional health, including their learning
• to gain insight into children and young people’s reactions to loss and grief and how a school might
respond in order to meet the needs of grieving pupils
• to acquire ideas for pastoral support appropriate for a primary or secondary school environment
• to devise a framework for an appropriate response to death enabling you to write your own bereavement policy
• to gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar organisations and resources available
Each school attending this scheduled workshop will receive a copy of our Schools Information Pack - Supporting Bereaved Children and Young People in School
(Also available to purchase at £10.00 per pack)
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for anyone who works in a PRIMARY and SECONDARY school, including teachers, head teachers, learning mentors, school nurses, other support staff and governors.
"The mix of presentation and group work was just right. I feel much more parepared to communicate with these children around feelings, loss and bereavement situations."
Fee Information - Fees for participants include course materials, CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch - £120.
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is the UK’s leading charity that supports families and educates professionals both when a child dies and when a child is bereaved. Currently the charity trains around 5,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website with an online forum for bereaved families, and Buckinghamshire-based family bereavement support.