San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
To develop the skills, knowledge and understanding and confidence to support pupils who are experiencing loss and grief
• to develop an understanding of the impact of loss and grief on children and young people’s physical and emotional health, including their learning
• to gain insight into children and young people’s reactions to loss and grief and how a school might
respond in order to meet the needs of grieving pupils
• to acquire ideas for pastoral support appropriate for a primary or secondary school environment
• to devise a framework for an appropriate response to death enabling you to write your own bereavement policy
• to gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar organisations and resources available
Each school attending this scheduled workshop will receive a copy of our Schools Information Pack - Supporting Bereaved Children and Young People in School
(Also available to purchase at £10.00 per pack)
Who Should Attend?
Suitable for anyone who works in a PRIMARY and SECONDARY school, including teachers, head teachers, learning mentors, school nurses, other support staff and governors.
"The mix of presentation and group work was just right. I feel much more parepared to communicate with these children around feelings, loss and bereavement situations."
Fee Information - Fees for participants include course materials, CPD certificate of attendance, refreshments and light lunch - £120.
When & Where
Child Bereavement UK
Child Bereavement UK is recognised as the UK's leading provider of training for professionals working with bereaved families across the UK.
We support families and educate professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
Currently the charity trains around 8,000 professionals each year across health care, social care, education, the emergency services and the voluntary sector. It also provides a national support and information service, award-winning resources, an interactive website and family bereavement support in locations around the UK.