Reality-Based Personal Protection Ground Survival course:
This course is not a sport-based ground fighting class, but a tactical course for real-life street and 'battlefield' situations. Many of the training methods are unique to the Jim Wagner Reality-Based Personal Protection system.
You will learn, by doing:
- falls and how to safely land on the ground if you are pushed, thrown, trip, or decide to go to the ground yourself; such as if someone is shooting at you and you are in an open area. We will include some drills that'll make use of airsofts and training knives.
- Perceptual Distortion Phenomena. You’ll learn the different phenomena that will happen within your mind during such struggles and how to overcome the effects.
- Ground Movement. This will be stuff you see only in the military or similar.
- the only three easy-to-learn Take Downs techniques as well as Tackle Defense against the three likely positions you may find yourself in.
- Once you are on the ground we will teach you how to fight from there starting with Ground Conflict Positions.
- You don’t want to stay on the ground for long so you’ll learn Ground Movement, Leg Strikes from the ground, and how to get back on your feet with two different Ground Recovery techniques.
- One of the most dangerous positions you can be in is when your enemy is on top of you on the ground, Mounted, either on your chest or back. That’s why we will show you what to do from this situation in order to survive. You’ll learn through practical drills how to block incoming strikes, how to strike back, and how to get your enemy off of you, which we call Take Offs.
- From the ground you will learn how to do Choke Escapes from various positions.
- You will learn how to deal with weapons from this vulnerable position. We'll go through the Ground Weapon Retention drill.
The course ends with teaching you how to use your surrounding Environment as Weapons, which is just one more thing that separates us from all other martial arts systems. You will see what it is like from the perspective of your enemy in launching brutal ground attacks and how to defend against them as the law abiding citizen using walls, floors, chairs, or anything else around you at the time.
BE A HARD TARGET.