Actions and Detail Panel
Group Scout Leader & Assistant Group Scout Leader Essentials Support Day -...
Sun 19 November 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
One day workshop to help Group Scout Leaders (GSL's) and Assistant Group Scout Leader (AGSL's) understand the roles and support to the Scout Group. Aimed primarily to support the induction of people that have been recently appointed, the day may also help others that have never had an induction, are returning to the role or would like a refresher.
We also welcome those interested in knowing more about the GSL/AGSL roles, or thinking about taking one of the roles on.
The day covers key areas of the GSL/AGSL roles including:
- The role of the GSL & AGSL
- Looking at the role, what it is, what it isn’t and prioritising the tasks
- Managing your Group
- Looking at review and support meetings as different methods of supporting your Leaders
- The Executive Committee, AGM & you
- Looking at how an Exec should be constructed, what makes a good AGM & what your role is
- Brief look at Safety & Safeguarding in your Group
- Safety in the Group and Safeguarding of our members, during meetings both inside and away from the meeting place, risk, activities and ratios
- Introduction to Growth planning
- A working Development Plan helps everyone to focus on where the group is going, to review and to celebrate success. We'll give you an opportunity to gain valuable hands on experience with some tools to help you and your team get started.
- Managing recruitment, engaging parents & including new volunteers
- Then looking at how we as GSLs manage recruitment, how the group can be welcoming and how we can engage better with our parents and all new volunteers
Dress code: It's an informal day, please be comfortable there is no need to wear uniform.
Refreshments: Water, tea, coffee and biscuits will be available during the day.
Lunch: There will be a light buffet style lunch provided.
Special requirements: If you have any specific dietary or any other special requirments for the day, please include as much information as possible in the registration form
Getting there: There is plenty of parking on site,