Actions and Detail Panel
Grow Your Own Vegetables, Herbs and Fruit Workshop
Sat 18 February 2017, 10:00 – 15:30 GMT
Have fun learning how to grow vegetables, herbs and fruit in your own garden or allotment.
This is a relaxed workshop suitable for beginners. There will be a hands-on session on seed sowing during the day.
The topics covered will include -
● Choosing a good location for growing
● Preparing soil and/or raised beds
● Growing under cover in greenhouses or polytunnels
● Crop rotation and ‘No Dig’ methods
● Choosing the best varieties for your garden
● Sowing seeds indoors and outdoors, aftercare & pricking out
● Caring and harvesting your vegetables and fruit
● Dealing with pests, weeds and diseases organically
You will leave with a clear plan of what to grow where and how to grow it!
The ticket includes all refreshments, materials and lunch. You will also be able to take home the seeds that you've sown.
Feedback from previous workshop attenders:
Karen: “As a complete novice, I left the course feeling confident to manage and grow the seeds we sowed.”
Laura: “Friendly, supportive tutor, enjoyed the day very much, gave me the information I wanted and inspired me to learn more .”
Marina: “Interesting day, ideal for me as a beginner - varied activities, informative and excellent food/drink supplied.”
Geoff: “Really helpful, especially if trying to garden organically. Good fun too!”